Translate

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Watercolor Brushes - my favorites

I tend to reach for the same brush over and over, and that is my number 12 Winsor Newton round. It has an excellent tip.

I have a 14 Kolinsky sable with a long handle that has been very useful, and hold a fair amount of water.

My other favorites are Richeson, synthetic. I've had a few of this brand for almost 20 years. But the 16 has lost it's tip and I am ready to purchase a new one. I still use it for large washes. It's amazing how exciting it can be to purchase a new brush.

The two tiny ones, which are in bad shape, have been used for masking fluid. One is a Cotman brand, the other was a fine sable brush I inherited. Why that ever got near masking fluid is a mystery to me!

I prefer to paint with rounds, always have.

The two on the end I use for water washes. One is a Cotman, the other is an inexpensive Zen brand brush, a brand that is new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment